Tuesday, October 4, 2011
My Royal Heritage
It was only a matter of time before I talked about this. So, I am sure so many remember the last wedding of royalty that occurred in the first part of this year. How many stations shared the wedding? How many HOURS and DAYS were spent on the coverage of this royal wedding? Kate's beauty, the Prince's walk... The Queen of England's yellow outfit (ok..I am going to leave that alone) and it got me thinking about my own genealogy. Oh! You didn't know? I am royalty! But I ran away from home.
I was thinking of the prodigal son and how he had sold all he had just to live in the filth of pigs and eat the nasty leftovers from their slop. So many times believers in Christ do not consider themselves loved by the Father. If they did, would they really leave the castle as if running from all the richness that could have sustained them in hope and love and peace? I do not believe I understood the concepts of God's love for sure. I heard that story of the prodigal for years and thought: what was wrong with him that he would leave those who loved him and take all his money and gifts, talents and the home God had given him and go out and party with the in crowd until the money was blown and he had no where to go but the slop house... I didn't get it. And in my humanity I did the SAME thing.
I left my family with my talents of God and walked out on the love and care God had provided and wasted my time on earthly desires and the things of the world that could never compare to the riches I was turning away from. If you read the story of the prodigal son there are a few things that strike me as so AWESOME about the King (Father) that waits for His child to run back into His arms.
1. In verse 17 of chapter 15 in John the Bible states: "and when he came to his senses"... HAHAHAHA which would be to say, he was not thinking correctly. He was as my dad so lovingly put it a few years back, DELUSIONAL. So... The son had to come to his senses.
2. Later it says: "I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. So, yes, I had to do this to. I have asked many for forgiveness and if I missed you it is not intentional. Please message me.
3. He didn't just think it. He did something about it. in verse 20 it says: "So he got up and went to his father." - ACTIONS now happen!
4. The best part of the whole thing shows of God's love: "But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him." Did you get that??? The father was looking for the son's return! He saw him from a ways away. and HE WAS FILLED WITH COMPASSION. Not hate, regret, anger, shame... COMPASSION. I am not negating that God cannot look on sin. But on the sinner God has compassion!
5. Not only did the Father see him from afar have compassion for him, he also RAN TO HIS SON, embraced him! He meets us as we come to Him. He does not make us walk the whole distance back to palace. He comes, meets us while we are traveling to Him and when He meets us there, he embraces us! What a WELCOME HOME!
6. It does not end. there is more: "Let’s have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate. Was it anything like that big party that the Royal House in England had for the wedding there? Either way it must have been something huge because the other brother got pretty jealous.( I am not touching that in this blog - Thank the Lord I do not have family members like this. My brother and sister have been so wonderful in my return to the Lord and my earthly family.
It is such an awesome movement of God that goes on when someone finally comes to their senses. :) I see God's miracles in my life now more than ever and I thank Him so much for His grace and mercy in my life and for the blessing of my family. They are so precious.
*** If you are a child of the King, then you are royalty!!!! Doesn't that just make you excited!!!??? Ok, if you are not at least SMILING about it, then maybe you should come to YOUR senses ;) hehe