Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Right Kind of Craving


Chocolate is so yummy, the smell of brownies are enticing and sometimes we just know that all we need is some comfort food like my sister is making this evening...Curry over rice. YUMMY for my tummy! But that is not the type of craving I am talking about. I am talking about a soul craving. What is my heart's craving suppose to be? Just when we think we have it all figured out with life, God sweeps in and says something like, "Really? Who are you that tells the potter what to make with HIS clay?" and I sheepishly look down at a stone on the ground, stick my hands in my dirty jeans and kick at the dirt. "Ah, God, I thought I knew what I was doing this time too..." And God opens up His arms big enough to hold not just me in my ignorance or stupidity but the whole world and their messes too and say... "Just come as you are. Let me satisfy this longing in your heart. You don't need to fill it with the stuff of this world. Fill it with me. I long for you to be closer to me, one heart, one mind, one soul with you. An ultimate love relationship that puts all others to shame."

Here I am. So many years I have been trying to satiate a craving that only God could fill in the first place. And now "my heart longs for a touch from the Lord. To be welcomed into the arms of Him." This quote is from the song by Ray Watson. I would share a youtube video of it but it is not on the net :( You can find it on itunes ;)
A new hearts desire for my life. I fell asleep like a baby last night listening to it. Every time I woke up I would think of the words and what they truly mean to me.

There is a time in everyone's life I believe that they final get tired of searching and doing for themselves. They come to the point where they wonder if everything they have done is all there is to life or if they missed the moment that would have made a new shape to their reality.

As I crave new desires in my relationship with my First Love, my Abba Father, I also crave all the prayers that my friends and family have given. Lift them up to the Father. I believe He hears everyone. Including mine now. I also pray for you. That as you walk in the Light as He is in the Light, you will also have this right kind of craving.



Lord, my soul longs for you. Nothing else will do... All the ideas and the earthly love I have sought after are nothing compared to what you can give to me. I pray your will and way in my life FINALLY. Thank you for allowing another prodigal. Help me keep this right craving...

No comments:

Post a Comment