Monday, September 5, 2011

In a moment of need

I was reading other blogs. I am not going to lie. I am lonely and I live in a town where all but one of my friends is also friends to my ex. So it is the holiday and I spent the beginning part of the day with my friend Brandon. Had a great time and he cooked wonderful bbq chicken for me. Then we hung out at Starbucks for a while. By 6 he had other plans so I decided after he went home I would just hang at Starbucks alone to do homework. Problem... The homework was a DISC test (personality assessment). Yeah. I dove in as I love assessment tests (ha!) and found out all my shortcomings. Oh don't get me wrong...it stated what was right about me too but I was so focused on the shortcomings and I got really discouraged about who I am. Then of course I was bored out of my mind from not wanting to finish the homework assignment and was searching other blogs and found one that had this video. I am listening now on repeat. Finding more consolation in the fact that God loves me where I am and He will work through me. I really appreciate any and all support and prayers from those of you who read my blogs. You have no idea how much.

2 comments:

  1. Karin.....I don't know if you would have seen them, but I responded to your comments on my blog. The Lord loves you so very much. As I read your post I believe the Lord has given me a scripture verse that He wants me to give you tonight. "...........He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17) The text paints the picture of the Lord dancing with joy over His loved ones. Tonight, or whenever you see this, that would be you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, mark. Tonight has been my worst night. I know He loves me and is faithful. I feel the sadness in my heart aches eventhough I know my decisions are right. Thank you for your prayers and the verse. So appreciated! In Christ, Karin

    ReplyDelete