Sunday, September 11, 2011

Asking for Forgiveness


Seems to be the habit in my life lately... *lol* It is not about an apology. Anyone can give a reason for their actions. I was selfish. That is my reason but more nitty-gritty is actually humbling yourself to ask someone to forgive you when you know you have hurt them.

Psalms 32:1 says "Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven: whose sin is covered"! I would like to take a moment and tell you what I am covered by... Psalms states in SO MANY CHAPTERS that I am covered by God's steadfast love. There are too many verses here to quote. Please take some time on your own and read of this love! It amazes me that with everything I have done in my past that God's steadfast love covers EVEN ME.

Psalms 26:2-3 "Prove me O Lord, test my heart and mind- For your steadfast love is before my eyes and I walk in your faithfulness." When you are hit smack in the face with what your sin has done to others as well as to yourself, that is when God can take you, a broken vessel, and breath new life. I have been remade in Jesus Christ. I am more than the problems that I have created in my past 12 years.

So, you have my apology. My reason for my past choices is the sin of selfishness. I desired my will instead of God's will in my life. I have already gone to my family and my parent's church and asked for forgiveness. It was wonderful to be welcomed with open arms. There are many people that know of my past choices and sin because FACEBOOK helps create a gossip train. For those that have known of my sin and prayed for me and my relationship with God, I thank you and ask you as well for forgiveness.

Finally, God showed me my testimonial verses which I am sure many have come to claim as their own. They are a powerhouse of God's STEADFAST LOVE.

Psalms 40:1-3 "He drew me out from the pit of destruction and out of the miry clay - Set my feet on a rock and He is now MAKING MY STEPS SECURE and put a new song in my mouth."

If you know me personally, you know that I have been singing in church off and on since I was a child. I was leading worship in my dad's church until I walked away from God, my family and my church home. I do not know everyone who has heard of my sin. But the Bible does say that "your sin will find you out". If you would like to pass this testimony of God's steadfast love and grace to another person who you think will benefit from it, then by all means share it with whoever you will. It is time that the truth is spoken about instead of my past transgressions.

Thank you for your continued prayer in my life and for hoping in Christ for my return.

Oh! Almost forgot! The song today is "You Are More" By Tenth Avenue North. It speaks of how we are more than the choices that we have made because of ALL THAT CHRIST IS AND DOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment